I try to be so positive. But this week has been hell. Being a single mom is hard. It is especially hard when you have people waiting to point out every mistake you make. This post is not meant to be a “poor me” post. Instead I hope someone reads this and realizes they are not alone. And even though it might feel like you are a failure, remember you are trying your best.
- When I tried to put my 6 month pants on my three year old. It was hilarious but not very successful.
- When my kids got colds. I know they aren’t the only kids with colds. But it sure feels like it when I get phone calls from caseworkers about runny noses.
- For the fact that my 6 month old cries in when put in his car seat. Apparently the fact he cries when his parents put him in the car seat at the end of the visit means he is unhappy living with me.
- When I canceled on my friends to spend a night with princess. Actually I don’t feel guilty about this at all.
- When I couldn’t get dye out of princess’ hair. I felt bad taking her back to her dads with dye in her hair. But that’s why her dad, step Mom and I are a team.
- When I forgot to take a single picture of my kids by themselves trick or treating. We have a group photo I took that I love. But I don’t have a single photo I can print for their parents.
- When my kids ate too much candy for Halloween. I only felt guilty about this for a second. We have no candy or treats in the house so I guess a little treat is okay.
- For wanting a minute alone. I was exhausting and I needed a moment alone but my kids needed me too. Self care and being a mom is a balance I haven’t figured out.
- The fact that my kids have to go to daycare. Sometimes the guilt of being a working mom gets to me. However they both love daycare.
- The fact that I am only one person. Being a single parent can be hard but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I’m glad I started fostering now instead of waiting till I found a man.
Some weeks everything I do seems wrong. But I just remind myself I am doing my best and then laugh at it.